Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas Emily

Emily,
     I want to wish you a Merry Christmas. Me & your brothers were blessed to share your first Christmas with you when you were just a little baby, and now it has been 4 years later and we haven't got the chance to even hear your voice or see your face. I just want you to know you are "always" on our minds, and deep in our hearts.
     I often look up to the stars and focus on one hoping that maybe you might be looking at the same star which would connect us in some way just for that moment. You are a very special person in this world, and will some day realize just how much you are loved by our family here. We love you unconditionally, no matter what.
     All I want for you is to be safe and happy. Unfortunately I am not allowed to know the simplest things about your life. Your mother has decided to treat you as a possession and make up stories about me to justify her actions. I can tell you that I do not hate your mother, but I am extremely disappointed about her life choices for you and herself. Someday you will learn about all the opportunities you lost because of the choices she has made for you, but understand that you will still have a full life ahead of you.
     Your brothers and I will be waiting with open arms for you. I wish I could post pictures of your brothers for you to see, but I will not put them in the spotlight as your mother has done with your life for all the world to see. One day you will have an incredible story to tell others, and you can have us by your side to give you the "real" support you need to become a strong woman. The example you have now is a confused person with misconceptions of reality.
     Emily, I didn't post this to bash your mother, as I will always have a certain level of love for her because she gave me you. I have the daily struggle dealing with the pain of not being a part of your life even in the smallest ways, so sometimes I vent about how this makes me feel. In our home we never use the word hate or can't simply because we know those words limit our hopes and dreams by using them.

I will NEVER give up on you. Your daddy loves you always & forever...

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment