Sunday, April 7, 2013

Does anyone remember this...?

Here is a post from Trina right before she thought I was going to win the deportation order and she would be forced to either A. Move back and face consequences or B. Allow Emily to come back home without her.

Please read this and tell me what you think has happened since this post on BringSeanHome.org



Offline TrinaAtwell

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    Re: Roy Koyama
    « Reply #113 on: January 18, 2011, 06:14:29 PM »
    My name is Trina Atwell-Chavarria.  I am who Roy Koyama refers to as tK on these forums. 


    I know and understand that I am subjecting myself to much scrutiny and criticism by being on this forum.  I'm an not here to ruin the forum or to make it a place LBPs do not want to come to get support.  I know there are legitimate cases of parental kidnapping for the wrong reasons and I am glad to see that those LBPs have a support group to turn to. 

    My  priority is my daughter's best interest and well being.  I know some of you do not agree with this. I can't blame you from what I've read,  the only information you have about what kind of person I am is from what Roy Koyama has posted.  I most likely would have formed a negative opinion as well, based only on that information.  I also know that most of the things posted about me from Roy Koyama are not true. 

    I am not here to criticize or to talk badly about Roy Koyama, but I do think it is important that those that donate to him understand that all things that are being said are not true. 

    He states that I have not been lenient with him in any form or fashion, this simply is not true.  On several occasions I have tried to work with Roy Koyama to come to a mutual agreement so that Emily and I both could return back to Springfield, Missouri to take care of this in family court.  He did come to an agreement (through our attorneys) at one point, but then backed out from the agreement less then 24 hours after my attorney was contacted with the agreement made.  Emily and I would have been back in Springfield, Missouri  and him with some sort of visitation through the custody hearing back in September 2010. 

    Another time that I tried to come to a mutual agreement with Roy Koyama so that Emily and I would come back to Springfield, MO, was in December 2010.  I realized that he was going to any length to get Emily ripped away from everything and everyone she knows.  Truth of the matter is,  regardless of what the truth Emily has only been with me and only knows Costa Rica to be her home.  Now I am not stating that I haven't been telling the truth, I'm just saying take that point and set it aside and really think about what it would do to a child to be ripped away and placed in the hands of a stranger(s).  I never want to see my child go through such a freighting experience.  So below you will see that I have in fact been lenient with Roy Koyama and have tried and tried to work something out to keep Emily least effected in this matter. 

    It seems to me, and this is only my opinion that if a father did only have the purpose of seeing, being with, or having any kind of a relationship with the child he claims to have been wrongfully kidnapped from him, he would come to some sort of a mutual agreement. A mutual agreement to get that child back to where he was.  To keep that child during the process of transition safe and least effected.  Keep it in a form that would not put that child in any kind of danger,  physically or psychologically.   This simply has not been the case with Roy Koyama. 

     I understand that you all are big supporters of Roy Koyama, and he is excited to possibly be the hero of the LBPs to get a child returned from the Country of Costa Rica.  But is it really worth all the recognition?  This is a child we are talking about. 

    I will not go into my side of the story of what happened back in the years of 2007- 2011 between Roy Koyama and myself.  It is only perspective on the eyes that read it. But I do believe it is fair that you see that when you are donating dollars, hundreds and even thousands to get a child taken away from everything and everyone they know you should see that I did try to have us both back in Springfield, Missouri on Christmas Day.

    Thank you for taking the time to read my post, regardless if you do not agree with my actions of a mother to protect both herself and her children.   I truly do hope for the best to those LBPs that are in a situation that they were honestly wronged in.  I hope there is a quick resolution that is in the best interest of all parties.  God bless you all. 

    You will find the email below that I sent to Roy Koyama on December 15, 2010. If you feel that this letter has been manipulated in any way or would like to have a screen shot of the email I would be happy to send it to your email upon request.

    Trina Atwell-Chavarria

    Roy,

    I am willing to bring Emily back to Missouri (I have been for a while- remember when we tried to work it out before and you made an agreement about temporary custody but then rescinded?).

    I'm begging you to reconsider your position. Can't we set aside our personal feelings and think about what is best for Emily?

    Imagine how terrifying it would be for her to be suddenly taken from me and handed to a stranger. I know you think you are not a stranger to her, but the reality is that you are until you have spent some time with her in my presence- me letting her know that you are not a stranger.

    How can you even think of making her spend hours or even days in the hands of COMPLETE strangers before she gets to you? How can you be 100% certain she would be safe? She's a baby. She can't say what's happened or happening. She can't speak up for herself.

    Please, let's work together on this, so we can make it as easy as possible for her.

    I know you want what is best for her.

    I know you would never put Tai or Ryhs in such a scary situation; please don't allow Emily to go through that. She will be scarred for life by the trauma.

    I know you don't want that for her.

    I want what is best for her too. This is why I have been trying to get you to work out a deal- I don't want a life on the run for her, but I also refuse for her to be terrorized at 2 ? years old. She's a baby. She has never been away from me for more than a work day's worth of hours.
     
    I know you think I have disappeared with her; I have not. We are right where we have always been.

    I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep Emily safe and secure and happy. I will get two tickets for us immediately. Let's meet at the airport and spend time together (as much as is needed) with another person(s) to mediate if we each feel it is necessary. This way she can be introduced to you and you can enter her life in a gentle and non-traumatic manner.

    Please remember that she doesn't speak much English. Her primary language is Spanish. I can help you understand what she wants with the words she uses.

     I can tell you about her routine and what she is accustomed to.

    Please try to remember that you are proposing to rip her from everything she knows. Her culture, her language, her pets, her nanny, her home, her family members, her mother ...everything.

    When I think about the future, I know that I don't want a life of hiding for her. Of course, I never thought it would be like this. My intention was to get away from you in the short term; it was never my intention to become some kind of fugitive. Anyway...

     I don't want that for Emily. That is the reason-the ONLY reason- I am willing to return. I want what is best for her. I want her to be safe, secure and happy.

    Let's talk to the DA to get the warrant lifted, even on a contingency bases if that is what is needed (contingent upon our return within a certain time frame)so that she and I can return together and she will feel and BE safe. I have already checked flight fares and I can afford to fly us back on Christmas day as fares are lower then.

    Let's work it out- for Emily's sake. Please.

    Trina

    No comments:

    Post a Comment